Powered by Blogger.
RSS

David Beckam: Violence can mark children forever.

Hello everyone,
UNICEF has released this new film featuring Goodwill Ambassador David Beckam to illustrate that physical and psychological abuse can mark children forever.
Children should be safe everywhere: home, school, online and in their communities.



Beckham said: “When I launched my 7 Fund with UNICEF, I made a commitment to do everything I can to make the world a safer place for children and to speak out on issues that are having a devastating impact on children’s lives. One of those issues is violence. Every five minutes, somewhere in the world, a child dies from violence. Millions more are in danger of physical, emotional and sexual abuse that could destroy their childhoodsforever.


Last year I visited Cambodia with UNICEF where I met and listened to children tell me about terrible violence they have experienced. I was shocked by what I heard and I saw how violence can leave deep and lasting scars. No child should have to endure this. Yet in all corners of the world, in their homes, schools and on their streets, children are suffering similar violence. I hope this new project will draw attention to this urgent issue and inspire action. Violence against children is wrong and together we need to end it.”


Information taken from: UNICEF

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

ENGLISH. SECOND TERM.